Are you looking for the best coffee makers for boats? Do you want to know which things you should consider while buying a coffee maker for boats?
Many of us love to explore life on water, especially with friends and family, therefore, if you are planning for such an adventure, you might need a coffee maker so you can still enjoy your daily coffee routine.
In a hurry? If you do not have much time, use the link below to quickly find the best coffee makers for boats for you on Amazon.
- Best Overall – Cuisinart Coffee Maker
- Runner Up – Solby Drip Coffee Maker
- Best on a budget – Bodum Coffee Maker
In todays market, there is a wide variety and types of coffee makers available. Some are programmable and easy to use, others you can find in a compact size for your family, all which you will need to decide based on your needs.
You might be thinking about what other things you should consider while buying coffee makers for boats. First, you will need to understand your situation, for example, you should know that an electric coffee maker might need 800 watts of power.
You can consider these options when you have a generator on your boat. Similarly, some brewing methods demand more space.
Also, if you want to brew manually, you will have to put in more effort and attention. You might need a heating device as well. As stated earlier, your unique needs will decide the coffee maker for your boats.
Now you know some of the factors that you can go through while buying coffee makers for boats, next, we will cover the top 7 coffee makers for boats.
All of the options listed below have received appreciations from users, so in this article we will run you through the features, prices, and benefits to find the most suitable option for you.
Quick Peek at the Best Coffee Makers for Boats
- KONA French Press
- Moss and Stone
- Bodum 1928-16US4
- Hamilton Beach
- Farberware 47053
- Cuisinart DCC-450BK
- Sboly Drip Coffee
What To Look Out For When Buying Coffee Makers For Boats?
For anyone who has brought a coffee maker in the past may already know a thing or two when it comes to what to look out for before making your coffee maker purchase.
So, not all coffee makers are suited for boats, and therefore, there are a few things to consider before jumping for your wallet and making a purchase that you may regret in the future.
So here are 5 of the most important things to look out for when buying coffee makers for boats.
1. How much coffee will you need to brew at a time?
A typical ceramic mug or insulated cup holds 12 to 16 ounces, while most coffee pots are labelled in 6-ounce cups. Therefore, take note, are you only going to be making a coffee for yourself, or will you be brewing coffee for a group of you.
2. How much space is available?
This one is a pretty obvious one, but can be easily missed if you are not carful, make sure you plan where you will have your coffee maker placed on your boat, for both storage and while brewing.
3. Is electricity available and are you willing to use it for coffee?
The biggest deal breaker to consider is electricity. Electric coffeemakers typically draw 800 watts (more on initial start up) and so won’t run off the small inverters that you plug into a cigarette lighter. You need at least a 1000 watt inverter, a generator or access to shore power in order to have an electric coffeemaker.
4. Do you want a hands-off operation?
Some methods require constant attention, others require timing, and others can be started and left. Consider how willing you are to be more active during your coffee making process as there may be occasions where your attention is required elsewhere.
You will have to protect your coffee maker from breakage whenever underway or in a rolly anchorage. So if you think you will not be able to safely store your coffee maker in your boat, you may want to consider not buying one that has been made out of easily breakable material such as glass.
7 Best Coffee Makers For Boats
Read on to find out in more detail the 7 best coffee makers for boats in 2021.
The KONA French Press is easy to use and can enable you to prepare your coffee most purely, featuring a large comfortable handle to offer easy usage.
When it comes to capacity, this coffee maker can hold one litre, therefore will conveniently serve all your friends and family.
You can use this coffee maker to extract and brew any coffee bean or the tea leaf. KONA French Press Coffee Maker can turn an ordinary coffee into your favourite coffee.
- An impressive outer shell to offer an appealing look. Also, it features a 34 oz thick borosilicate glass coffee pitcher to prevent cracks and chips.
- The comfortable handle is sturdy and durable. Apart from that, it comes with a BPA/BPS-free lid to avoid any contact with plastic while steeping.
- KONA French does not require a lot of maintenance. It has a detachable filter screen system to offer easy cleaning.
- KONA operates quietly and comes with an eco-friendly design and compact size to become the best companion for travelers.
KONA French Press Coffee Maker can be a perfect choice if you want to have rich and flavourful coffee each time when you want to refresh your mind. The compact design will ensure easy storage as well.
Moss & Stone Electric Percolator features a heat-resistant handle. The materials of this coffee maker are stainless steel and copper.
Also, it has an extended spout that helps users to pour their favourite drink into their cups safely. If you want to serve flavourful and rich coffee to a group of ten people, Moss & Stone Electric is worth considering.
This brewer can also keep your coffee hot twenty minutes after brewing.
- Moss & Stone Electric Percolator is designed to prepare premium quality coffee. You can consider it for your small family as well as friends. It can brew two to ten cups of coffee. All of you will appreciate the flavourful, rich, and hot coffee while exploring the water life. As it can maintain the temperature for a long time around twenty minutes, you can enjoy any time you want your hot drink.
- The coffee filter is removable. Also, the pump tube is removable and easy to clean. If you like an elegant and traditional design, you will love this coffee maker.
- The design of Moss & Stone is impressive and durable. Some other features include a serve indicator light and cool-touch handle to offer easy usage.
- Moss & Stone coffee maker is supported by one year warranty. However, it is an electric machine. Therefore, you should have all the arrangements on your boat to use it safely and effortlessly.
Moss & Stone Electric Percolator can be a suitable choice if you want an electronic coffee maker. The best part is that it does not demand a lot of maintenance and can carry the heat for twenty minutes.
Bodum 1928-16US4 Coffee Maker comes with a heat-resistant glass to hold the freshly brewed coffee.
It is compact, easy to use, and impressive. Even if the size is small, it can serve a group of people up to eight. Yes, this coffee maker features a one-litre holding capacity. More importantly, it can brew your coffee within four minutes.
- You can prepare your coffee at the earliest possible within four minutes only. All you need to do is to add hot water and coarse ground coffee and then press.
- It is made of stainless steel and features a mesh filter that can extract the aromatic oils from your coffee. You can enjoy hot and flavourful coffee with your family.
- The design and the material make the end product durable. It has a safety lid to prevent any spilling. Also, it is dishwasher safe and does not demand more maintenance.
Bodum 1928-16US4 Coffee Maker can be your ideal companion if you want an instant coffee maker. Whenever you want, you can prepare your flavourful coffee.
Hamilton Beach 45 Cup Coffee Maker can be perfect if you want a group party on your boat.
This coffee maker is versatile and highly efficient to serve all your guests with rich and hot coffee. The capacity is the benefit of Hamilton Beach.
It looks simple and comes with an easy-to-use design, brewing a cup in a minute, therefore, there will be no waiting time.
- Fast and easy brewing makes it the best choice for boat parties.
- Attractive metal finish and comfortable handles.
- Indicator light to display the coffee is ready to drink.
- Dishwasher safe brew basket and lid.
- Heat-resistant handles and lid locking mechanism.
- Easy to fill by following the water level marking.
Hamilton Beach is designed for boat parties. You can arrange specific events on a boat and can entertain your friends with rich and hot coffee.
As it prepares a cup in a minute, they can enjoy the coffee whenever you want.
Farberware 47053 Classic features an impressive design. It can be the best for outdoor and boat parties.
You can use this coffee maker to prepare coffee for twelve people, and it comes with a filter basket that will trap all the unwanted particles.
In addition to the above, the brewing time will be less. You can have your rich and hot coffee within twenty minutes.
- Farberware has a permanent filter basket, and that will prevent any mess.
- When the heavy-duty steel material ensures a durable result, the mirror finish makes the appearance impressive.
- It can enable you to prepare coffee for twenty people. That means you can serve your family and a few guests while having some relaxing time on the boat.
- The material is dishwasher safe and can last for decades.
- It comes with rust-proof material and a non-slip handle.
Farberware 47053 Classic can be ideal if you want a durable, easy-to-use, and impressive coffee maker for your boat. Also, it is lightweight and serves large groups.
Cuisinart DCC-450BK Coffee Maker looks appealing and can be perfect for a family with four members.
The compact design makes it the best choice for all types of outdoor adventures.
Also, it can pour into your cup before finishing the brewing cycle. Another benefit is the automatic shut-off.
- Easy to use and compact design.
- Thirty-minute automatic shut-off.
- Brew-pause to offer better convenience.
- Features indicator light and knuckle guard.
Cuisinart DCC-450BK Coffee Maker can be a great option if you want extra convenience and a compact design. The machine will shut off automatically if you forget to do it.
Sboly Drip Coffee Maker is well-equipped to become the first choice for all those who believe in technology and easy usage.
You can enjoy the coffee whenever you want without bothering about the temperature. Yes, it will keep your coffee hot and fresh for a long time too.
- Vacuum-sealed to offer optimal serving temperature.
- 24-hour programmable to enable users to program and prepare the coffee in advance.
- Brewing strength controls to brew your coffee based on your preference.
- Anti-drip function and maximum flavour extraction.
- Serves eight people.
You can consider Sboly Drip coffee maker to have better control over the brewing, as well as enabling you to enjoy the water life, while your coffee maker will take care of your coffee.
All of the mentioned coffee makers for boats in this article we would recommend.
However, if we had to choose a winner out of the 7 listed, it would be Cuisinart DCC-450BK Coffeemaker.
Not because it is slightly more expensive than some of the other options, but for the fact that this coffee maker will provide not only those with a boat, but anyone who is on the go, whether that be in a car, RV, truck, or van, consistently great tasting coffee.
“Third-wave specialty coffee shops are expensive and will quickly run your bank account thin, luckily, with the development of home espresso machines we can fill the majority of our needs ourselves by investing a little more in a good quality coffee maker”.-Brand Voices, Swaay.com
Therefore, the Cuisinart Coffee Maker provides the user a much more versatile coffee maker, and ensuring that you get the best value for money while still providing the best results.
Best Coffee Makers For Boats F.A.Q’s
A. Boat coffee machines are the most common use of these types of devices, but they are also commonly used vehicles such as cars and vans.
A. If you want full flavour, amazing nuanced coffee notes, the optimal brew temp, and to step up your coffee game, then yes, investing a little more money into a coffee maker will be worth it.
A. Portable coffee makers work by immersing all of the coffee in hot water to capture more of its natural flavour, resulting in a rich, strong cup of coffee. While the coffee may be better, the cleaning processes can take longer, and some coffee makers are more portable than others.
A. Though there are certain risks such as a possibility of bacteria growth, water staleness, depositing minerals and potential contamination, it should generally be fine to sporadically leave water in a coffee maker’s reservoir overnight.
Conclusion: Coffee makers for boats
Now you have the list of seven coffee makers for boats, as well some of the specific features that are included.
Some require more effort, others offer more convenience.
Also, you will have to consider a variety of factors such as the capacity, for example, the Cuisinart DCC-450BK Coffee Maker can serve only four people, therefore, you cannot go with this option if you have a large group party on the boat, so we would choose Hamilton Beach 45 Cup Coffee Maker in this situation.
If you enjoyed this article, read more like this by checking out our Specialty Coffee Buyers Guides.