Ground coffee can certainly help you speed up the process of brewing coffee, and rather than having to grind and manually brew, you can use coffee makers for ground coffee.
Once you put in the ground coffee and press a few buttons, you will have strong, flavourful coffee ready in lighting speed.
The question is, which is the best coffee maker for ground coffee?
In a hurry? If you do not have much time, use the link below to quickly find the best coffee makers for ground coffee for you on Amazon.
- Best Overall – Hamilton Beach
- Runner Up – Cuisinart SS-15P1
- Best on a budget – Simpresso Portable Espresso Maker
We went ahead and tested numerous coffee makers for ground coffee and came up with the top 8 to help you choose the best one, and to save you time and money.
Quick Peek at the Best Coffee Makers for Ground Coffee
- Ninja CM401
- Keurig K-Classic
- Hamilton Beach
- Sboly Steam
- Cuisinart SS-15P1
- Simpresso Portable Espresso
- Sunvivi Single Serve
What To Look Out For When Buying Coffee Makers For Ground Coffee?
Just like any purchase you decide to make on your day to day life, there are generally certain things you may look out for.
If you have low to no experience in buying coffee makers for ground coffee, then we are here to help you as we have listed 5 of the most important things to look out for.
1. Brew Size
First of you need to ensure you are buying a coffee maker that will fulfil the amount of coffee you need. Some coffee makers will offer a wide range of brew sizes, while other will be more limited.
So ask yourself, will you generally just be brewing coffee for one or two people, or will you have situations where you will need to brew up some coffee for the whole family.
2. Coffee Maker Size
Remember, some coffee makers are actually quite large, while others are very compact. Before you hit buy now, just double check where you will be putting your coffee maker, and ensure you have the space.
This also is important for storage, as you may need to have storage space too.
Some people have more time than others, while some people prefer a more hands on experience, either way convenience is something to look out for.
Less automated electric machines might require a little more attention, but still, operate with the push of a few buttons.
4. Custom Brewing Features
You will find that some coffee makers for ground coffee have virtually no options aside from adding more or fewer coffee grounds or water, these are generally the most basic machines.
While the more complicated machines let you choose water temperature, brew strength, and a wide variety of brew sizes.
5. Extra Features
There are coffee makers that are not just able to make a great brew, you will also find that many coffee makers have some extra very handy features.
These may include options to keep your coffee warm, auto shut off functions, descaling and cleaning abilities, and even programmed brewing at specific times.
The more advanced coffee makers may also include in built milk frothers, coffee bean grinders levels, and other notifications.
So just keep a look out on what you need, are you someone who will benefit from these extra features, or will the added costs to have these just be a waste of money for you.
Also check out our recent article highlighting the best pre-ground coffee for French Press.
8 Best Coffee Makers for Ground Coffee
Read on to find out in more detail our 8 top tested and reviewed coffee makers, including their pros, cons, key features and more.
The Ninja CM401 can help you create a variety of different coffee brews, with the help of this concentrate, you can make a latte, cappuccino, and even iced coffee, all this from ground coffee.
With six brew sizes available, you can determine the serving size which you need.
Since you do not need froth and only need to use ground coffee, it is much more economical to use the Ninja CM401 coffee maker as well.
However, the foldaway frother means that if you want to generate froth, you can do so easily.
With the help of an easy to understand control panel and a timer, it is effortless for you to operate this coffee maker.
The removable water reservoir means that refilling it is undoubtedly easy.
And finally, fact that it can create the concentrate and brew various types of coffees makes the Ninja CM401 a top choice for many.
- Enables you to brew rich coffee concentrate that you can use as a base for a variety of different coffee beverages.
- Requires no pods which can save you up to $200 annually, based on a 2.5 cup daily intake.
- The whole package includes the Ninja Specialty Coffee Maker, 50 oz. (10-cup) glass carafe, Fold-away frother, Gold-tone permanent filter, Ninja Smart Scoop, Removable water reservoir, Recipe inspiration guide, Quick start guide & Owner’s guide.
The Keurig K-Classic coffee maker is available in 2 different colour options. It can be used for 6-ounce cup, 8-ounce cup, and 10-ounce cups of coffee, therefore, customising the brew size is easy.
The 48-ounce water reservoir means that it allows you to brew 6 cups before refilling it. It is pretty compact, which ensures that you can keep it anywhere, and the removable reservoir allows you to refill it without any worry.
The auto-shutdown mechanism means that if you leave it out of use for 2 hours, it will shut down on its own.
Keurig K-Classic uses ground coffee to brew the coffee, which ensures that you can always get aromatic coffee, and the brew time is less than 1 minute.
With the help of a drip tray, it becomes easier for you to avoid splashing the coffee, and the drip tray is removable, making it easy to clean.
The self-explanatory control panel certainly makes your life easier when you’re using this coffee maker, and weights 10.6 ounces, ensuring that handling it is easy.
Whichever way you look at it, the Keurig K-Classic coffee maker for ground coffee does not give you a reason to complain.
- Made out of plastic materials meaning the coffee maker is durable and has less of a chance of breaking, and/or cracking which can be a problem for some coffee makers that use glass.
- Comes with a descaling mechanism which helps to remove calcium deposits, or scale, that can build up inside a coffee maker over time.
- Suitable for many preferences, whether you like your coffee bold, mild, decaf, or flavoured.
- You can discover all the Keurig has to offer, including over 75 brands, and over 400 varieties to choose.
Do you prefer a coffee maker which can brew a large number of coffees? If so, you should consider the Hamilton Beach 49976 coffee maker, as you can brew 12 cups of coffee using ground coffee.
It consists of a pot holder as well in case you want to brew coffee using that.
The programmable coffeemaker ensures that customising your coffee is undoubtedly easy.
The dual serving design means that if you want to brew just a single-serve, it is possible, not only that, there is a jug that helps you brew a pot full of coffee.
The Hamilton Beach coffee maker has two separate reservoirs, meaning that you will not have to refill it quite quickly, and the automatic pause mechanism makes it easy to use.
You can easily choose the brew strength and set the timer as well. Both these features can help you customise your coffee and serve it whenever you want.
In case you prefer a programmable coffeemaker for ground coffee, you should consider this option.
- Offers three ways to brew as you can brew up to 12 cups with ground coffee on the carafe side, or use dual purpose single serving to brew a pod or ground coffee on the other. The included pod holder and single-serve grounds basket easily handles both options.
- The pod-piercing assembly tool removes for easy cleaning.
- Securely holds a standard-size cup of coffee and is removable to let you brew into a tall travel mug.
- Convenient storage area inside the cup rest holds either the single-serve pod holder or brew basket.
The prime advantage of the Sboly Steam coffee maker is that it can help you make cappuccino, lattes, and espressos at 3.5 bar pressure, therefore, getting café-style espresso is certainly possible.
You can choose between 4 different shots of hot espresso, and can brew them in just under 2 minutes.
With the help of an in built milk froth function, you can get the texture that you want, as well as the included drip tray, you can easily keep your platform clean when you’re using the Sboly Steam coffee maker.
The simple control knob ensures that brewing the coffee is undoubtedly easy.
With the ability to brew three different types of coffee using this coffee maker, you cannot go wrong with it, and therefore has got one of our top spots.
- If you would simply like to utilize the frothing feature, you can add roughly 3.3oz of water and turn the knob to the “Steam” position, then fluffy foaming will be done in 2 mins.
- The espresso scoop has a flat bottom to pack down the grounds tightly to make a more potent shot.
- The drip tray collects any spillage to avoid messes and it is removable for easy cleaning.
The major highlight of the Cuisinart SS-15P1 coffee maker is that it has a capacity of 12 cups before you need to refill the reservoir.
The metal casing ensures that wear and tear is not going to be a problem, and apart from that, the BPA-free construction is another highlight.
With the help of an efficient coffee filter, you can be sure that you can easily use ground coffee during your coffee brewing process.
Cuisinart SS-15P1 will allow you to vary the serving size between 6 ounces, 8 ounces, and 10 ounces.
The 24-hour programmability allows you to operate it easily. Besides that, it has a self-cleaning feature and temperature control, also coming with an auto-shutdown mechanism.
The numerous features definitely help the Cuisinart SS-15P1 stand out when it comes to finding the best coffee makers for ground coffee.
- Includes Cuisinart’s Home Barista Reusable Filter Cup which lets you use your own coffee, K-Cup pod compatible as well.
- Includes a reusable filter cup so you can enjoy making a single serving using your favourite coffee grounds.
- Cuisinart offers 3 coffee capsule varieties to choose from; Medium Roast, Dark Roast, or French Vanilla.
The USP of the Simpresso Portable Espresso Maker is that it is compatible with both pods and ground coffee, resulting in an authentically superb espresso with a rich layer of crema using 19 bars max pressure.
The single-serve design means that brewing coffee is easy, allowing you to create an espresso with a rich layer of crema.
With the newly patented lever action pumping system, you can make manual espresso effortlessly without electricity.
The Simpresso can easily be fully disassembled for thorough and painless cleaning. Just wash with water and mild cleanser if needed, therefore, maintenance is on the lower side.
The coffee maker weighs 0.78 lb, so it is small & compact (8.4 x 3.1 inches), and can hold up to 120 ml water.
You will be able to brew the coffee in just a couple minutes which means that you will not have to wait for a long time.
Simpresso Portable Coffee Maker is made of high-quality, BPA-free material, and they provide a 1-YEAR hassle-free warranty and responsive customer service.
The compact design and quick brewing capacity makes the Simpresso a reliable choice for many.
- Perfect coffee maker on the go.
- With access to hot water, you can enjoy espresso anytime & anywhere! – Home, office, hotel, airplane, boat, train, RV, hiking, camping and traveling.
- Includes 4 pcs reusable “Smart Capsules” for your all day trip which allows you to use your favourite freshly ground coffee in the encapsulated Reusable Smart Capsule coffee pods.
7. Bonsenkitchen Singles Serve Coffee Makers
The 2 in 1 brewing function of the Bonsenkitchen coffee maker makes it a good choice, as you can use it with ground coffee, or you can use it with coffee pods as well.
The 30-ounce water tank means that you will not have to refill the water tank again and again. Along with that, it comes with a removable drip tray as well, therefore, giving you the chance in easily keeping the surroundings clean.
You can choose between brewing sizes of 6 ounces to 14 ounces, and there is a size button for the same.
The auto-shutdown feature makes it completely safe. Along with that, the Bonsenkitchen coffee maker has a compact design and measures at a size of 9.42” x 5.99” x 13.79”.
The numerous features on offer and the compact design make it a good coffee maker for ground coffee.
- This personal single-serve coffee maker will give you that fresh, pure taste that is required to jump-start your day.
- 30-ounce capacity water tank lets you brew multiple cups of coffee without having to constantly refill the tank.
- It supports for standard-sized or larger cups (up to 7.2“ tall) by adjusting drip tray.
With 3 different colours available, you have some choice when going with the Sunvivi coffee maker.
When you look at the control panel, it consists of touch control buttons, and with the illumination, it becomes easier for you to operate the coffee maker as well.
You can choose between size options, such as, 6 ounces and 12 ounces. There are a few other size options available as well.
With the brewing under 3 minutes, you will not have to wait for a long time to brew your coffee.
The portable design of Sunvivi singles serve allows you to carry it with you wherever you go.
The shutdown mechanism makes it safe to use.
The design is such that you can use it in your office, kitchen, and RV, the reason for the same is because it is quite compact.
With little to no learning curve, it is effortless for you to use this coffee maker without much trial and error.
The easy-to-use design makes it a top choice coffee maker for ground coffee.
- Easy to clean due to the residue of the coffee grounds less able to stick to the coffee machine. Just rinse with water and wipe with a cloth.
- This coffee brewer fits most of capsules. Accepts both K-CUP and coffee ground, and fits 6oz to 14oz mugs.
- With 1000 Watts of power and heavy-duty materials, this Single Cup Coffee Maker is perfect for anyone living alone.
All of the mentioned coffee makers for boats in this article we would recommend.
However, if we had to choose a winner out of the 8 listed, it would be the Hamilton Beach 49976 Felx Brew.
Not because it is slightly more expensive than some of the other options, but for the fact that this coffee maker will provide single serve & full 12 cup pot as well as having a 2-way compatibility with K-Cup pods or grounds, and therefore, suitable for a number of different occasions and needs.
“Third-wave specialty coffee shops are expensive and will quickly run your bank account thin, luckily, with the development of home espresso machines we can fill the majority of our needs ourselves by investing a little more in a good quality coffee maker”.-Brand Voices, Swaay.com
Therefore, the Hamilton Beach provides the user a much more versatile coffee maker for ground coffee, and ensuring that you get the best value for money while still providing the best results.
Best Coffee Makers for Ground Coffee F.A.Q’s
A. Yes — as long as you have a way to boil water that doesn’t require electricity, like a gas stove or a campfire. Then, you can use a method like a pour over to saturate your coffee grounds and create a manual drip brewing process.
A. You can, in fact, drink coffee made from grounds without filtering it.
A. You can substitute regular instant coffee, preferably a dark roast. When cooking or baking, instant coffee will yield the same results, but it may lack the rich, roasted flavour of espresso.
A. Simply add the desired amount of coffee powder (I start with around 1 teaspoon) to your coffee cup. You can always add more if needed. Now, just add hot water and stir!
Conclusion: Coffee Makers for Ground Coffee
So, if you want to enjoy strong aromatic coffee, you can use these coffee makers for the same. Most of them allow to customise your coffee which is why these are good choices.
It is now easy to find the best coffee makers for ground coffee with our carefully curated list.
If you enjoyed this article, read more like this by checking out our Specialty Coffee Buyers Guides.