If you are looking for the best coffee makers for truck drivers, it is probably because you are someone who travels a lot with your truck, or simply cannot find time at home.
However, before you choose a coffee maker to suit your truck, you must be very clear about what are the best available options for you.
In a hurry? If you do not have much time, use the link below to quickly find the best coffee makers for truck drivers for you on Amazon.
- Best overall – STARESSO Portable Espresso Machine
- On a budget – Morphy Richards Coffee On The Go
- Best for in Vehicle – Handpresso 12V 48264
There are a lot of tools and accessories present for making coffee at home. Therefore, if you are looking to make your favourite cup of coffee while travelling, you might want to consider coffee makers which are portable.
This is where we come in, to help you find the best coffee makers for truck drivers to save you time and money.
In this article, we will walk you through the 7 best coffee makers you can find on Amazon for using inside your truck.
Quick Peek at the Best Coffee Makers for Truck Drivers
- Morphy Richards Coffee on the go
- Handpresso 12V 48264
- Sboly Coffee Machine
- Wacaco Minipresso GR
- Keurig Maker single serve K cup pod
- Mixpresso Ultimate 2 in 1
- Staresso portable espresso machine
What To Look Out For When Buying Coffee Makers for Truck Drivers?
Although portable coffee makers are not so popular among the leading brands of coffee makers out there, they are gradually on the rise in demand with specialty coffee.
“Coffee can keep you going through a long day, and truckers need a coffee maker that’s as durable as they are”.Deanne Winslett, truckersnews.com
When you are looking for a coffee maker for a truck driver, you need to consider the following factors;
1. Battery Vs Electricity Coffee Makers
You have to decide whether you want your coffee maker to run on battery or electricity. There are also a few good coffee makers out there which have rechargeable batteries.
Most mobile coffee makers come with a 12V or 24V socket. Some coffee makers simply need you to pour hot water inside and require no power source whatsoever. You need to decide which one best fits our situation.
2. Serving Size
Some coffee makers can make enough coffee for just about one cup. They can handle a single dose of pod coffee and not ground coffee beans.
For using grounded coffee, it is best to search for a coffee maker which requires no power source.
Some coffee makers are designed just like normal ones and require a substantial amount of space in your truck.
These coffee makers can usually serve a variety of coffee drinks, for example espressos and lattes. Others are smaller and may simply be in the shape of a bottle, allowing you to store them just about anywhere.
Thus, having knowledge about these factors will ensure that you can prepare your cup of coffee in no time.
7 Best Coffee Makers For Truck Drivers
Truck drivers who drive for long periods of time need to stay focused and awake, therefore, being able to make coffee is very important and can be made simple with mobile coffee makers.
Read on to find out the 7 best coffee makers for truckers in 2020.
Morphy Richards Coffee on the go is one of the best coffee makers for truck drivers.
The design of the coffee maker is absolutely excellent as one would expect from a brand like Morphy Richards.
The whole body of the Morphy Richards coffee maker is made with stainless steel and is shiny black in colour. The travel mug provided is thermally insulated and keeps your coffee hot for a long time.
Simply plug in the socket, pour coffee on to the filter and place the mug in the stand for a fresh cup of coffee.
- Permanent filters which are easy to clean and maintain. Saves you the hassle of buying new filters every time you use your coffee pods.
- An indicator for water level which allows the user to see the amount of coffee they are making.
- Auto shut off feature so that you can get peace of mind about having to switch off the device later.
The 12V portable coffee maker from Handpresso is made with stainless steel and provides you with a coffee size of your choice, as well as being available in a 24V version for bigger vehicles.
You can make a short (80 ml) coffee or a long (110 ml) coffee.
You simply plug the Handpresso coffee machine into the cigarette lighter socket (12v), add cold water and place a coffee pod of your choice in, then press the ON button, and within 4minutes your espresso is ready.
Easy to use and compact in design, this coffee maker is a perfect companion for truck drivers.
- 2- bar pressure.
- It plugs into the 12 volt plug of your car and sits in the cup-holder.
- Can use loose tea, ground coffee and the gourmet Senseo compatible pads.
- Comes in both 12V and 24V design.
The Sboly Coffee Machine has a host of features loaded into a small compact design. It has a built in grinder so that you can put fresh coffee beans inside.
You get options for fine grinding and coarse grinding according to your liking. The one touch button allows you to easily prepare your coffee in no time.
The Sboly Coffee Machine is truly designed for the connoisseurs of coffee. Have your cup ready to drink in only 3 minutes.
- Adjustable drip tray which allows you to use mugs and cups of your choice.
- Strength settings for even grounded coffee beans.
- There are programmable options to customise the flavour and strength of your coffee.
- The stainless steel mug is easy to clean and is also BPA free.
Wacaco Minipresso GR one of a kind coffee maker needs no battery or electricity to use. It is perfect for those long trips where drivers usually get any time to halt.
All it takes is a few turns of the lid and pumping the piston to make your favourite cup of espresso. The attachable lid doubles up as a cup and provides you with instant coffee on the go.
You will also find the Wacaco Minipresso GR to be compact, lightweight and versatile, as you may use any variety of coffee bean/roast, which will give you more flexibility in trying new flavours.
- Manually operated, and can use any type of beans or roasted coffee.
- Permanent filter basket and scoop provided for measuring the coffee.
- Very compact in size and can be stored anywhere. It will fit even in your pocket
- The Pumping system is patented and requires about 3 turns to get your expresso ready
The Keurig K-Classic Coffee Maker comes with a large 48 ounce water reservoir, and you can use any cup you want.
Brew multiple k-cup pod sizes, including 6, 8, 10 ounce. The most popular k-cup pod brew sizes. Use the 6 ounce brew size to achieve the strongest brew.
It is one of the most popular coffee makers for truck drivers when it comes to the price. Users simply have to unscrew the top of the makers and pour in grounded coffee or coffee pods.
Simple to use and operate, the Keurig K-Classic is definitely one worth considering.
- The drip tray can accommodate mugs and cups of up to 7 inches.
- The device is less than 5 inches in width and can be fitted anywhere on a truck
- The auto turn off features saves energy and ensures the device is switched off when your coffee is ready
- It is compatible with universal coffee filters which are reusable.
Mixpresso 2 in 1 coffee maker comes at an unbelievable cheap price and has a host of features to offer customers.
The device has a coffee brewer and a tumbler to ensure you get the ultimate coffee experience in your truck.
You can also take your freshly brewed coffee with you using the elite 14 oz tumbler, which will keep your morning coffee nice and warm for longer.
Extremely lightweight and portable, the Mixpresso 2 in 1 is an absolute favourite with many truck drivers.
- The 14 oz tumbler is large enough to hold enough coffee for about a day.
- The auto turn-off function comes in handy when you are busy driving and focusing on the roads.
- The basket and filter/strainer is reusable, very durable and eco friendly.
- Both the mug and filter baskets are dishwasher safe.
- There is a one touch switch with an indicator which helps you to turn it on and off.
Just as the name sounds, the Staresso Portable Espresso Machine gives you piping hot espresso in no time.
This maker is fully manual and does not require any batteries or power source to run it.
The device is easy to operate. all users need to do is open the lid at the top and pour in coffee pods or ground coffee of their choice.
You can get espresso by manually pumping over the piston which gives off a pressure of 20 bars, which is high enough to make that perfect espresso for you.
Staresso Manual Espresso Maker can give you the rich espresso taste with a thick layer of crema.
- The entire coffee maker is made from BPA free material which is eco friendly and also safe to use.
- The device is compatible with all kinds of coffee pods and simply requires the user to press the pods together in the chamber for espresso.
- The device is lightweight, compact and extremely portable, which makes it perfect for those long hours of truck driving over the countryside.
All of the mentioned coffee makers for truck drivers in this article we would recommend.
However, if we had to choose a winner out of the 7 listed, it would be the Staresso Portable Coffee Maker
Not because it is slightly more expensive than some of the other options, but for the fact that this coffee maker will provide not only truck drivers, but anyone on the go, whether that be in a car, RV, or van, consistently great tasting coffee.
STARESSO Portable Espresso Maker only takes up little space. It is compact (5.9×2.7 inches) and only weighs 0.77 pounds, but it can hold up to 80 ml water and a maximum of 0.35 ounces ground coffee.
Best Coffee Makers for Truck Drivers F.A.Q’s
A: Car coffee machines are connected to a 12-volt socket, and truck coffee machines use a 24-v plug.
Some brands market precisely the same model, with different connections: one coffee machine with a 12v socket, and another with a 24v socket.
A: Truck coffee machines are the most common use of this type of device, but they are also commonly used in vans or as coffee machines for boats. In general, they can be used anywhere where there is a 24-volt socket.
A: The most important thing to remember when traveling with coffee is to keep the beans (or grounds) as fresh as possible. As long as you have a sealed, airtight container, your coffee should be well preserved.
A: There are a few ways you can do it. The first way is by using a small machine that boils water and makes coffee using a pod or K-cup.
The second way is to use an electric kettle to boil water, then use a pour over coffee maker to brew in.
The third option is to use a battery-operated coffee maker. It works really well, much better than the old 12V drip coffee makers, and you can charge the battery in your truck or car as you drive.
Conclusion: Best Coffee Makers for Truck Drivers
Specialty coffee is one such beverage which is loved by almost all people. It acts as an instant energy kick and makes you refreshed and ready for the day ahead.
Portable coffee makers are definitely a bonus for truck drivers and those who are constantly on the move who are looking for any easy way to indulge in their favourite beverage.
There are a lot of good brands out there to choose from and these 7 devices came at the top due to their features and ease of use.
If you enjoyed this article, read more like this by checking out our Specialty Coffee Buyers Guides